Homeowners insurance provides financial protection against natural and accidental disasters.
A standard homeowners’ policy insures the home itself and the contents. Homeowners insurance covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries caused to other people while on the property. Damage caused by most disasters is covered but there are exceptions. The most significant are damages caused by floods, earthquakes and poor maintenance.
Why would you need homeowners insurance?
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you’d need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that a homeowners insurance policy is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask if you have questions about what is covered and be sure to read your policy thoroughly so you know exactly what’s included and what is not.
Things to consider:
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask us to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policies, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim?
**For more information on Louisville homeowners insurance, contact Lincoln Insurance today! We can offer you numerous options for creating customized and comprehensive homeowners insurance policies. Filling out our free quote form can also help us better understand your insurance needs. A home is important to any family, do not leave yours to chance.