Home Improvements for You!
Welcome back to our blog. Lincoln Insurance Agency is happy announce that spring is just around the corner (March 20, 2018), and we could not be more excited about it. Everyone else is probably excited about it too, right? Spring means the cold weather is done for the year, and warm weather is approaching. Warm weekends, and home improvement is what Spring is all about right?! Right! However, it can be quite costly.
Therefore, be sure to follow these six easy tips and tricks for home improvement!
- Be sure to stick to a budget. The best way to do this is to make a list of all the things you want to improve on your house in 2018 and find the most cost effective option. Once you’ve found the most cost effective option, weigh the pros and cons of that improvement and see if it will add the most value to your home.
- Find the improvements that will take less than 10 minutes! This could be changing out light bulbs in your landscaping, fixing a shut off valve, replacing batteries in your smoke detectors, and etc.
- Know when to hire a professional! No matter how much a DIY King/Queen you are, it might be best to call in the professionals for some projects.
- Planting trees, and improving landscape can be an easy way to cut cooling costs on your home, and make your home look more appealing.
- A very cost effective idea is to update your paint, and your wallpaper in the rooms most frequently visited in the your home. This will update your home without having to do a full remodel! In some cases, people like to paint themselves, and this can be a fun activity for you and your family. If you decide to paint yourself, here are some tips and tricks for how to paint like a pro! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2_kmWm3P1I
- When in doubt, organize your home in a way that makes sense to you! Clutter can be distracting, and sometimes frustrating. Taking a few moments a day, or setting aside one day to go through your home and organize it can make all the difference.
For more tips on home improvement this Spring 2018, please visit – https://www.diynetwork.com/how-to/maintenance-and-repair/repairing/30-tips-for-increasing-your-homes-value
As always, give us a call if you have any insurance questions. We would love to help you!