You’ve been in a car accident… now what?
Car accidents can be frightening and quite stressful. Lucky for you, Lincoln Insurance Agency would love to put your mind at ease if you do become involved in a car accident.
First, and most importantly, check yourself for injuries. If there are passengers with you, also check on them and assess their injuries if there are any. Be sure to call 911 to report the accident, if you can. While you are waiting for help, exchange information with the other driver.
** If the car accident caused harm to you or your passengers, call 911/have someone else call and wait for the paramedics to arrive. Try your best not to move; this will help stop the chance of further damage and/or pain.
After the above steps have been taken, you should contact your insurance carrier, or your insurance agent. If it is Lincoln Insurance Agency – give us a call! (502-897-3300)!
Be sure to know the following information to give to your insurance carrier or insurance agency. The information that is most important is:
- When did the accident occur?
- Where did the accident occur? (Be as specific as possible)
- How did the accident happen?
- What kind of vehicles were involved? (Year, Make, and Model)
- Was there any damage to the car? If so, describe.
- The names and contact information of the people involved in the accident.
- The names and contact information for the people who witnessed the accident.
- The name and contact information of the law enforcement agency that responded and the police report number. (If police were contacted)
If you can provide answers to these questions, It will help your insurance carrier or insurance agency tremendously. Be sure to give us a call at (502-897-3300) for any questions you have regarding this subject.